Black mold, a slimy greenish-black substance, is a type of mold that has been linked with serious health risks including infant death caused by respiratory bleeding, and illnesses such as asthma and bronchitis
Virtually every home has mold of some type, somewhere. Invisible mold spores are floating in the air both inside and out looking for a wet place to land and reproduce.
Although all types of mold are not toxic, it’s difficult to distinguish between the toxic and non-toxic without lab testing. That’s why it’s important to treat all molds as if they were potentially harmful.
Your furnace is a perfect environment for the growth and broadcast of mold. As the collection point for re-circulating air in your home, it’s also the ideal place to install an indoor air purification system to control harmful levels of indoor air pollutants including mold, bacteria and viruses.
How can you virtually “cure” the potential for mold-related problems?
Outside, mold spores are controlled by ultraviolet (UV) light energy from the sun. However, since UV light isn’t naturally present inside, mold can flourish…unless you introduce UV light. We recommend installing an ultraviolet germicidal light as part of your existing heating system to kill and control the live mold spores. Used in combination with a highly effective filter such as the MicroPower Guard®, you can remove as much as 97% of all particulates .3 microns and larger including mold spores. This particular filter uses an active electromagnetic field to magnetize both airborne particulates and fibers in the disposable filter pad. This creates a virtual “force field” within your heating ductwork, allowing the filter to capture many of the smallest, most dangerous to breathe submicron airborne particles. This isn’t a room filter or ion box. It’s a “whole house” air purification system installed inside the ductwork of your home’s heating system…the “lungs” of your home.
As you consider what’s right for your situation, it’s important to remember that some people are more sensitive to black mold than others. If you or anyone in your family suffers from allergies, respiratory disease or any type of immune suppressing disease, you are at greater risk.